Friday, March 14, 2014

Nearly 5 Years Later

After almost five years I found the first blog I ever tried in 2009.  The pictures almost brought me to tears.  

Darrin is 15 and a freshman in high school.  Emily is a 12 year old sixth grader who can't wait to start  junior high.  We have had an adopted dog name Rosie for almost two years now.  

Dan and I struggle with the pace of life and how quickly the kids are growing up.  We seem so busy at times it is maddening.  Most nights we are not all home together before 8 or 9 pm.  Our days start crazy early and end when it is dark.

We have fallen in love with skiing.  In less than two weeks we will make our second trip to Breckenridge, CO to ski for a week over spring break.  Dan, Darrin and Emily will ski the highest peaks with ease.  I may stay at a lower altitude just to be safe.

So...it is my hope to keep this alive on occasion now that technology makes it so simple to blog and connect from anywhere.  I can't imagine what the world and our lives will be like if it is another 5 years before I come back to this blog.

LB

No comments: